The re-registration of mobile SIM cards across the country is expected to begin today, Friday, October 1, 2021.
The Minister for Communications and Digitalisation, Hon. Ursula Owusu-Ekuful said the exercise will last for 6 months hence all citizens nationwide are to re-register their SIM cards latest by March 31, 2022.
The Ministry of Communications and Digitalisation has provided a nine-step guide for Ghanaians.
All eligible Ghanaians of 15 years and above are to follow the steps below to successfully re-register their SIM cards.
Consequently, any SIM which is not registered at the end of this exercise will be blocked.
SIM Re-registration Steps:
- Dial the short code *404#
- Enter Ghana Card Pin (Note: Enter letters and figures without hyphens)
- Confirm Ghana Card Pin
- Enter Surname
- Enter First Name(s)
- Enter Date of Birth (Format: DDMMYYYY)
- Select Sex
- Confirm Details
- Submit Details Provided After Confirmation.
- If successful, you will get a confirmation message with a unique code
- If unsuccessful due to wrong details, you have 3 attempts to answer security questions
A second stage of the registration process requires that users visit the office of their telecom service providers.